Rare Han Dynasty Horse
Rare Han Dynasty Horse. The solidly built horse standing foursquare with head tiled upwards, the eyes alert, ears pricked and mouth agape, short ducked tail, painted overall with brick-red pigment.
China, Perfect condition
With the original pigment!
Our Guarantee: The above item is guarantee to be of the time period and condition as described, has been imported/exported legally and is legal to buy and sell under all international lows to cultural patrimony.
It is very rare to find any of these Han horse figures with this white colour and such nice original pigment on the back of the horse. Extremely rare. Most of this type of horses have not the fine pigment on the back!!!
Superb Massive and Most Rare pottery “mingqi” representing a painted pottery model of a horse.
Grey earthenware coated with white slip and remains of white, black and brick-red pigment.
Western Han Dynasty ( 206 B.C. – 220 A.D.)
High 58 cm., wide 57,5 cm.
– A Certificate of Authenticity from Becker Antiques (specialist in Chinese pottery since 1969, Amsterdam) will accompany the item.
– All items legal to buy/sell under The Netherlands covering cultural patrimony, and are guaranteed to be as described or your money back.
– The result of the thermoluminescence test, is consistent with the dating of the item, western Han dynasty (ca. 2130 years old). Sampling in 3 different points – Back horse, Belly horse, Chin horse.
– Extra test Pre-dose test has been done: Pre-dose test confirms old firing without any kind of artificial x-ray treatments!
– Provenance: Property of a Dutch gentleman; acquired 2000
It will be professionally packed and safely send in a wooden crate by FedEx.
Buyers are responsible for import regulation and restrictions of their own country
Becker Antiques is one of the most leading reputable antique dealers in the Netherlands. Becker Antiques is a name and place that speaks of excellent antiques and art, outstanding service and worldwide expertise. Founded in 1969 by Jan Simon Becker, Becker Antiques is based in Museum quarter, Amsterdam Oud-Zuid, in a magnificent five-floor townhouse build 1891, at a few minutes from “Rijksmuseum” (National Museum of Art), the Van Gogh Museum and the famous “Royal Concertgebouw”.
Becker Antiques main field covers ceramics – pottery funerary figures (dated from the Han through the Ming dynasties), Buddhist sculptures and other Chinese works of art. Our other sections are Asian works of art – concerns objects from Japan and South East Asian countries including bronze, stone and wooden sculptures, Chinese furniture from the Qing Dynasty and of course occasional other items.
For the last 51 years we have been selling antiques to museums, private collectors and dealers all over the world.
Complete the contact form below to request more information about: Rare Han Dynasty Horse
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Becker Antiques | since 1969.